This guide will take you through the steps of setting up your email address in Outlook.
1. While Outlook is open, click the “Tools” tab and then “Accounts”. A new window will open which will list any other accounts already set up.
2. At the bottom left, click on the “+” button and then “New Account”.
3. Add your email address and click “Continue”.
4. Outlook will either succeed or fail to search for the provider. If it succeeds, it should set up your email account automatically. Should it fail, select IMAP/POP.
Now, you will have to enter your account information.
5. Enter your account information similar to how it is shown below. Replace “example.co.za” with your own domain name.
6. Untick the “Use SSL to connect” if you do not have an SSL certificate installed.
7. Change the port numbers for your Incomming and Outgoing Servers
8. Click on “Add Account” and then “Done”.
Please ensure that all settings are correct on this screen – now choose More Options
10. Further Outgoing server settings
11. Authentication: Use the dropdown arrow to select User Name and Password
12. Enter in your User name (full email address) and Password
13. Ignore Unqualified domain
14. Click OK
Congratulations! You have now successfully set up your email address!
Please note: These settings will only work if your DNS (records and nameservers) are pointing correctly and have propagated.
If you are not sure whether your DNS (records and name servers) are pointing to those of Biohost, please contact our support team on 082 484 4905 or send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.